We at Desdalex applaud entrepreneurship! Given that this is a world of specific details and strict statutory provisions, we also believe it is completely normal to assist entrepreneurs with the necessary advice and professional support. We have extensive expertise regarding business law and we will be pleased to help where we can.
Both professionals and private individuals can approach us for customised advice and the necessary assistance with judicial and extra-judicial disputes in relation to any aspect of law businesses are confronted with.
Desdalex is very familiar with the various facets of business life and has the necessary experience in order to assist professional persons and businesses as regards all aspects of company law. Looking for assistance or advice? We will be pleased to help you with:
- Setting up companies, associations and foundations
- Mergers, demergers, takeovers and participations
- Management and shareholder agreements
- Conflict situations and dispute settlements between partners and shareholders
- Due diligence
- Director’s liability
Commercial and contract law
Commercial contracts and trading contracts keep businesses going. It is therefore also crucially important that every letter is right and that these agreements are watertight. Given that this is certainly not self-evident, we are happy to assist with advice and support when drawing up all kinds of contracts.
We will be pleased to help you with:
- Sale, lease, service and management contracts
- Commercial agents and distribution of products and services (franchise, concession, trading agencies or commission contracts)
- Contracts for services
- Financial contracts (leasing, renting, loans, corporate finance, collateral securities, etc.)
Insolventie- en faillissementsrecht
Unfortunately, insolvency and bankruptcy are part of everyday life. Due to various circumstances, not all businesses are successful. To remove the burden of additional difficulties, our office will be pleased to assist businesses during every phase, ranging from:
- Negotiations with creditors and lenders regarding:
- Applying for and following up court restructuring in the framework of the Continuity of Enterprises Act (WCO), up to
- Voluntary and court-ordered liquidations, and
- Applying for and supervising bankruptcy proceedings.
All of our lawyers in the business law department possess the necessary experience in relation to insolvency proceedings and liquidations, and also conducting civil and criminal law liability proceedings against directors and founders of companies.
In 2005, Tom Hermans, LLM, was added to our list of liquidators attached to the Commercial Court of Antwerp.
Intellectual property law, market practices and consumer protection
Not everyone in our society can simply sell anything they want under any pretext. There are clear laws that state what suppliers can do and what they certainly cannot do. We are pleased to advise clients about all their questions relating to:
- Trade mark law
- Domain names
- Licensing agreements
We also have the necessary knowledge regarding market practices and consumer protection. Our office has the knowledge it needs to provide advice in relation to:
- Precontractual and other information obligations regarding consumers
- Dishonest trading practices and price-setting
- Rules about remote sales
- Unlawful clauses in consumer agreements
- Prohibitory injunctions
Banking and credit law
Desdalex has extensive experience in dealing with disputes with banks and is pleased to provide specialised advice and professional support to clients with:
- Attachment and enforcement procedures
- Financial operations
- Consumer credit
Our office has the necessary expertise and experience as regards both individual and collective employment law. We are therefore pleased to assist clients with varying cases, ranging from drawing up employment agreements to supervising restructurings. We will also be happy to use our knowledge of social law for you for everything in between.
You can ask us to help with:
- Employment agreements
- Management agreements
- Dismissal and termination agreements
- Restructuring and social conflicts
- Social security
- Welfare at work